VSA Admissions Quick Facts
New students are accepted on a rolling admissions basis. Applying to VSA is an important step in helping your child achieve academic success. Here are a few steps to follow once you’re ready to discover the difference VSA can make.
All of the staff at VSA have been trained in Orton-Gillingham methodology in order to cater specifically to our students with dyslexia. Many of our teachers also have masters degrees in Special Education and Literacy.
Tuition assistance and financial aid is available to eligible families. If you believe you may qualify for financial aid, please contact admissions during your application process.
- Review Admissions FAQ Sheet
- Contact our Admissions Director, Kelsey Butz (firstname.lastname@example.org), to schedule and attend a tour of the school. This step must be completed prior to submitting a formal application.
- Pay non-refundable $120 Application Processing fee to fill out application
- Fee includes screening testing of student, and one full day of childcare on Shadow Day
Schedule Shadow Day
- Schedule and attend a Shadow Day and Testing Time for the student. This can be scheduled on the day of your tour. Testing must be scheduled an hour before or an hour after the Shadow Day.
- Submit a formal application, available in PDF form here or by request from our Admissions Director (email@example.com)
- Submit all necessary forms and documents (preferably with the application)
- Most Recent Report Card
- Progress Reports
- Current Professional Diagnostic Evaluations (Educational, Psychological, Speech, Occupational, IEP or 504)
Review by VSA
- Admissions Committee Reviews Application
- Decision Letter is sent to applicant through email
- Tuition Agreement is sent to applicant through email
- Select payment option/apply for financial aid
- Complete Tuition Agreement and submit $700 Registration Deposit
- Registration Deposit is refundable if student does not end up at VSA, and goes toward tuition if student remains at VSA
- Upload additional documentation to complete acceptance and enrollment
- Birth Certificate
- Current immunization record
- Records release sent to old school/fles requested
- Additional Forms:
- Field Trip Permission Form
- Acceptable Use Agreement
- Medication Authorization (if needed)
- Code of Conduct Agreement
- Parent Volunteer Form
- Insurance and doctor information
- Carpool contacts